Monday, March 19, 2018

MM90 painting countdown: 24


On this blog I have expressed on many occasion my love for the MM90 sculpts and the original paintjob. Recently I found out where the originals are located and wrote about this here:


Also I have said many times that it was my intention to replicate the original paintjob, but for this I first need two complete sets of MM90’s because I also want one set naked. Well I finally started this project and our first candidate is MM90 5C, or as I dub him: Underbite (you see because the helmet looks like a face with a…. ah well, you get the picture….).

The plan is to countdown to the last one of the 24, whilst at the same time I’m stilling finding the last few duplicates that I miss. I will choose my candidates at random and this one was only lucky enough to be the first one just because I repaired him recently and wanted to see how paint would look on him. See this blog entry:


Here is the result so far, I have only done the armour, red blended into yellow highlights. My highlights are a little smoother and less yellow than the original, but in real life the yellow highlighting stands out more.



The left one is the original (duh…) but for some reason this miniature is always in the background, evidence shown here:


and here:


So the only full body picture I have of this miniature is the well know page from the Marauder catalogue, but that one isn’t very clear. I going with a sort greyish for the boots, with the folds being a more light brownish tint. And for the beard with a black grey combo. Here is the end result (sorry, couldn’t resist putting him on a goblin green painted base J).

Comparison with the unit picture from Marauder catalogue:


 

Comparison with the one by one picture from the Marauder catalogue (crappy quality):


well, that's one down, 23 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finally they are available!

 www.evillittlebuggers.com Website created by my brilliant and very IT savy son (goed werk Kas!). I have had the casts now for some time, bu...