Thursday, April 5, 2018

We've got a challenge on our hands: MM90 Paintaton

So recently I started my project of painting all the 24 MM90 Chaos Dwarfs in their original color scheme (22 to go, see previous blog entries!). This project on its own is challenging enough but a friend of mine, Clam, upped the ante by challenging me to a Paint of!


Like me he is a fervid Chaos Dwarf collector and even has released his own range of 3rd edition inspired Ewal Dvergar sculpted by John Pickford, which can be found here:
http://claminiatures.blogspot.ae/


For as long as I know Clam (close to 15years?) he has always complained that I am slow (mostly related to my sculpting), which is evidenced by the following quote from his blog:


 - Sjoerd Trouwee - lol - the guy that sculpt a miniature each two years? I'll then be 50, before I get anything. No, I'll probably need a guy with faster hands, I guess.-


Full post can be found here:
http://claminiatures.blogspot.ae/2012/06/


(sorry Clam I hold grudges, considering you posted this almost 6 years ago :-/ )


So anyways, eager as I am to prove him wrong, I decided to take up the gauntlet!


This is what we agreed upon:


each of us picks, in turns, one of the 24 MM90 Chaos Dwarfs, and gives the starting signal, and then we start painting! First one to finish wins (photo evidence required). I will paint the mini in the original color scheme and Clam will choose freely what he desired. At the end of the run we count who won the most rounds and gets bragging rights for the rest of the year (if we even finish this year!).


I say 24, but in reality it will be 20 Chaos dwarfs since Clam already painted two and I already painted two, see below chart. Wish us luck!



I got to choose first and I decided on MM90 5D, which I dubbed 'Spike'
This one:



So Clam, consider this the official Kick Of for our Paintaton!

5 comments:

  1. You hold grudges? As you said, that remark was made 6 years ago. How many new sculpts have you done since then? I know of four: Hyld, Grin, Sanq and Rana Geil - but do enlighten me, and I'll eat my words - Muaaa, Haa, Haa! ;-)

    Now we'll let the brushes talk. I've given you a head start, but I'll soon be nipping at your heels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You say one every two years, 6/4= 1.5! I know... not a very strong argument ;)

      Oh and don't forget the turtle I sculpted which you even cast for me!

      Now stop the chitchat and get your brushes out!

      Delete
    2. Oh yes, that's right - 5 then - I should give you some credit and say a miniature each year - Muaaa, haaa, haa! So what happened to his brothers? He's lonely :) Brushes, yes where did I put them. I'll never be moving again...

      Delete
    3. Score is now 1-1:

      http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=17471

      Delete
  2. ...and the blog entry by Clam:
    https://clamshellsandseadogs.blogspot.ae/2018/04/mm90-painting-countdown-23-22-and.html?showComment=1523948129780#c8357955209729210443

    ReplyDelete

Finally they are available!

 www.evillittlebuggers.com Website created by my brilliant and very IT savy son (goed werk Kas!). I have had the casts now for some time, bu...